Monday 16 March 2009

Island Trip Part 2

Arrived! The weather is rainy and dull but not too cold and the nevvies have been delightful. They always are for the first few days, while I'm still a novelty. This will change as I become more and more established and therefore as dull as their boring old parents. I'm gathering rosebuds while I may.

At the moment, Gemmill and Wrecker are at school. Wrecker gets back at 11.30 though, so it's a short period of calm in which I'm taking the opportunity to Blog. There's not a huge amount to report, except that I was treated to a late Sunday lunch at some friends. I think it's the first Sunday roast I've been cooked in about 10 years, and a real treat! I also drank too much and felt woozy for the rest of the day. However, the rest of the day lasted until 9.15pm when I flaked in front of The Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency and decided to turn in. I was asleep by 10 and didn't wake up until 7.30am - up at 8. That's what CalMac does to you.

Took the boys to school, which was fine, and am now preparing for the next onslaught.

0 comments: