Thursday 3 January 2008

Cooooooold!

Hey! It's snowing! And the only place in the entire countryside it's settling is in our garden. Literally, I look out of the window over north east Fife, all the way up to Dundee, and everything is lush and green - but there's a white patch that is our garden. Brilliant! I love living in the lee of a hill. On the other hand, it's brass monkeys out there, and with my ongoing sniffles I feel no desire to get out and exercise. Yesterday I did a full weight loss programme on our elliptical machine - 49 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Jesus it's boring. A thrill a minute watching the level bounce from 4 to 7 every 3 minutes. Yaaaaawn. But at least I didn't have to go outside.

I have a bet with Pro that I can lose more weight than him by February 29th. And the prize?

An ice cream cake.

Superb.

Meanwhile, I've found a recipe that might actually feed me 'n' my 9 mates next Christmas - although don't count on there being any leftovers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7164860.stm

Yumser.

Right, I'm off for a wee lie down. This weather is depressing me.

4 comments:

Candace said...

We almost never see snow in this part of Texas. When is does snow, it doesn't last long, so I'm always excited by it - no way could I go back to bed.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Fiona Lochhead said...

Cheers. I feel quite a bit better today, although the cold has moved to the annoying back of my nose - but at least I've got my sense of taste back! Huzzah! I'm off to Glasgow with some pals to stay at the swanky Hotel du Vin, and if I couldn't taste anything it would have been a disaster. We've got a walk to do in the Lomonds first, up Ben A'n - so with any luck I'll not fall and break anything.

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Cuppa Queen said...

Pro (oops nearly outed him there) refused ice cream today. Be proud!